American Sign Language (ASL)
Ready to build your portfolio stress free?
The edTPA trademarks are owned by the Board of Trustees of the Leland Stanford Junior University (Stanford University). This material is not endorsed or approved by Stanford University or any of its licensees. Certify Teacher is not affiliated with or related to Stanford University or any of its licensees. This content is not sponsored or endorsed by Stanford University, nor has it been reviewed, certified, or approved by Stanford University.
Build your entire edTPA portfolio quickly, in an organized way, with user-friendly navigation, built-in guidance and tools to the highest levels of the rubrics.
Your EPP faculty can interact with you via the communication tools of the program to discuss pieces of the portfolio, review your progress, and help you improve.
Access and Price
Access is granted for up to 17 months or until you pass your state assessment whichever comes first. The price is $150. Everything you need to create a successful portfolio is here.
This resource was prepared and reviewed by experienced teacher educators who are leading successful teacher preparation programs in their own universities. It addresses head-on the challenges of edTPA™ by facilitating local evaluation support, where school faculty judgment, critical examination and expertise interacts with candidate portfolio submissions in an organized, secure, conducive-to-learning and safe environment. EPP programs are free to select any system to help their candidates build their portfolio at their own discretion – it is an option offered by edTPA™. We humbly hope you choose Certify Teacher, a leading provider of educator preparation resources. Thank you for your support!
The TPA Builder is a program for building portfolios.
It guides teacher candidates through every part of the tasks step by step.
Learn More links at every prompt clarify how you should respond to the prompts. Checklists and Check4Completeness are two of the tools that will keep you on track.
Select the version that best suits you.
TPA Builder in 3 versions
The TPA Builder comes in 3 versions. Select the version that best suits you.
If your EPP adopted the TPA Builder, they may have selected this version where every single part of the portfolio building process is structured and sequenced by their evaluators.
If your EPP adopted the TPA Builder, they may have selected this version where you first build the entire portfolio using the built-in guidance and tools of the program and then submit your work to your evaluator for review.
If you’re not affiliated with an EPP program, you will build your entire portfolio using the amazing built-in guidance and tools of the program alone. There is no interaction with evaluators within the program with this version.
Note: after you login, the shopping cart will list the product you want to purchase and identify whether your EPP program has adopted the TPA Builder. And if so, it will let you know the version you will need to purchase.
How Does This Program Work?
- You have immediate access to your program online.
- You will upload the templates* and handbook of your subject area to the system.
- The program will walk you through the building of your entire portfolio step-by-step, prompt-by-prompt, on every part and task.
- The program will clarify how you should answer every prompt to earn the highest levels of the rubrics, provide you examples along the way, and interview you to make sure you’re on track. Should something be missing, it will let you know.
- The program will make sure that every artifact you attach to your portfolio passes the assessment requirements.
- This system will not do the work for you. You will have to do the work on your own.
- This system operates within the Guidelines for Acceptable Candidate Support.
* Obtain your templates and handbook from your educator preparation program or from the vendor where you registered and paid for your exam.
Access & price
- Access is granted for up to 17 months or until you pass your state assessment whichever comes first.
- The price of this solution is $150, regardless of the version, which is worth every penny.
- You pay only once - no monthly charges to your credit card.
- Paypal credit is available to pay for your purchase in six months, no interest.
You build your entire portfolio on your own using the built-in guidance of the program and its tools. Once complete, you submit your work to your evaluator who navigates the entire portfolio looking for deficiencies, omissions and misunderstandings. Interaction between you and your evaluator takes place until your evaluator decides the portfolio is complete.
Faculty interacts with candidates to discuss:
- pieces of the portfolio.
- review the work in progress.
- help candidates improve performance in areas of weakness.
EPP program one-time cost to evaluate candidate:
TPA Builder Tools
Check4Completeness is a diagnostic tool. It checks to be sure every part of your portfolio, in every task, has been addressed and that artifacts you attach to your portfolio comply to specifications. If you overlook something, it lets you know exactly what is missing and where it is missing, so you can quickly take care of business.
That is cool!
TPA Builder Tools
Teacher candidates score the lowest in their edTPA assessments on the Assessment Commentary part, where they are asked to describe, analyze, and interpret student performance off students’ scores. To address this challenge, the Scores Analyzer tool can quickly help you identify the patterns of learning for your whole class and differences for groups or individual learners so you can respond to the prompts in the commentary with confidence. You get all of this with the click of a mouse.
That is cool!